Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sick week

October 26th, my 28th birthday, I woke up with a sinus/head cold. I also found several new gray hairs. Happy birthday to me. Zach didn't end up having to teach a class that evening that he was planning on, so we bought steak and shrimp cocktail for my birthday dinner. The boys were looking forward to cake, so I made my Grandma Hall's special coffee-chocolate cake that I like with NO frosting! Zach and the boys don't understand that, so I opened them their own tub of frosting on the side! Friends from Camp, the Stratfords offered to watch the 3 boys so Zach and I could have a quiet dinner. So with the kids gone, I didn't feel up to cooking and Z and I just ate shrimp cocktail, salad, and cake while watching a movie on the couch! So it WAS a happy birthday to me!!!

Saturday night, Conrad woke up throwing up. It continued through the night and he laid on the couch all Sunday. Monday he felt a little better, but not enough for school. That night I got it. Zach doesn't have huge things going on at Camp right now and he's helping a friend in town work on his house when he can, so he was able to stay home most of the day and let me be sick. Josiah also started feeling sick.


On Wednesday, we were feeling much better and took the boys, (an army-guy, Spiderman, and a bee) trick-or-treating at the stores along main street after school. The businesses do it for the little kids to help keep them safe. Then we went to Subway for dinner, drove around looking at houses, and then went to the church Harvest Carnival. Josiah and Conrad are old enough now to get into the carnival booths and be allowed to do a lot on their own. They had so much fun! Here's a picture of the Camp kids we were able to corral during the carnival!



No comments: